Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend Roundup (a little belated)

I have been wanting to post this since Monday, but it has been a busy week. Cleaning, running errands, getting ready for Grace's birthday party on Saturday—and let's not forget cleaning puke out of clothes, car seats, and car upholstery. That was fun. But here is a little list I've been excited to post for days now…

My Top 10 Favorite Things About Our Weekend:

  1. Planting our vegetable garden.
  2. Watching the kids spray each other down with the hose.
  3. Riding our bikes to the Memorial Day parade with the kids in the trailer.
  4. Watching the parade with the kids (and seeing many of our friends in the procession).
  5. Signing Grace up for soccer. (She has been asking DAILY about playing, and she was THRILLED to sign her own name on the form. Now I just have to convince her that practices don't even start until August…)
  6. Having an entire afternoon to myself while the rest of the family slept.
  7. This picture:

  8. Jon didn't work on Saturday.
  9. Jon didn't work on Sunday.
  10. Jon didn't work on Monday.
Yes, it was really a wonderful weekend, filled with lots of much-needed family time. I think sometimes I don't realize how much my stress level and my attitude are affected by Jon's work schedule. Having him home for three days was really the icing on the cake for… well, the whole month of May, to be honest! It made for a fun weekend and also put me in a better mood to start the week. J
And now we're gearing up for another fun weekend, filled with castle cake and princess slippers and even a little sleepover with Grace's big cousin. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ahhh...I hope you guys have a great time for Grace's birthday. I am trying to find time to get back to you about the facebook message. Maybe it'd be easier to just call you on my drive home from work.