Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Update--Or, "Why I am a bad bloggy friend"

OK, I admit it. I am a very bad blogger right now! I fully intended to write two or three more posts last week--I have them riiiiiiight here. (I'm pointing to my head right now, you just can't see it.) But they never made it onto the blog.

So I feel I should be up-front with you... Until the conference is over (which is in less than TWO WEEKS now), I am not likely to post more than once a week, if that. After that, things will be much more normal, I promise. But right now I am streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessed.

Here's just a little sampler of what is happening: First and foremost is, of course, the conference. Not only am I busy with it beyond words, I'm also in need of much prayer for it. As I said in my last post, I am really trusting God for whatever happens, but it's not easy. I just really covet your prayers for this event and for me. This morning I have found myself repeatedly praying over Matthew 6:25-34, especially verse 27: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I am praying that God will help me to be smart and diligent and effective in my preparations, and to trust Him with the outcome. Did I mention it's not easy?

And second, everything else. In addition to the conference, my MOPS group is also getting ready for a few publicity events AND the beginning of our MOPS year. And it's my first year leading the group. It's a very busy time.

I was in a car accident last week. Everyone is fine, but I was cited, and now I have the great joy of meeting with the insurance adjuster, getting estimates, and getting it fixed. I am supposed to meet with the adjuster tomorrow (at a garage), but now my "drivable" car won't start. Oh, and I have so much to do for the conference that I simply don't have two or three days to be "car-less" while it is fixed, either... Argh...

My dad is in the hospital. My mom took him in to the ER on Sunday with chest pains that went down his left arm. From what I gather, he did not have a heart attack but it IS heart-related. My dad has some stents in his heart, and they suspect that there is a problem with one of those. He should be having some tests done soon--but yesterday the machine broke, so they're not sure when.

But on the other hand, we had a wonderful weekend as a family. For the first time in over two years, my dear husband is starting to feel like he's not just treading water at work. He actually took off the entire weekend, which just doesn't happen in this house. In fact, I can't remember the last time he took off a "non-major" holiday. We spent a day at the beach, some time with my parents and his mom, and lots of time here at home with the kids. And Jon was so great about working diligently on laundry and dishes and straightening the house so that my week would get off to a good start, too. God has truly blessed me with him. :-)

So that's the basic update. There are other things, but these are the ones that I really wanted to share. I appreciate your prayers and look forward to being able to post more soon.

2 comments:

~Trish~ said...

Wow you've got a lot going on :) Keep your head up!

Vicki said...

I'm not sure how I began reading your blog, but I became interested when I realized that you were leading a MOPS group. I am a Mentor Mom for a MOPS group at my church---I saw a connection! You hooked me with your adoption story (I wait patiently for the continuation). As a Mentor Mom, I want to share with you that you are doing exactly what God wants you to do or Satan would not be trying so hard to get in your way and trip you. I will be praying for you in the coming weeks and will watch as God sees you through!